Have you tried every diet to lose weight? Are you tired of counting calories? Have you been exercising and eating right and are still holding on to the pounds?
Have you tried every diet to lose weight? Are you tired of counting calories? Have you been exercising and eating right and are still holding on to the pounds? Semaglutide might be the solution you’ve been looking for. Semaglutide is compounded at a 503 B pharmacy for office use at Nouveau Medspas. It is the same medication found in Ozempic, Wegovey, and Saxenda.
What Is Semaglutide?
Semaglutide is a medically monitored and administered treatment that involves weekly injections at our medical office. It is a glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) receptor agonist, a type of medication that mimics the action of natural GLP-1 in the body. It is the same medication found in Saxenda, Ozempic, and Wegovy.
How Does Semaglutide Work?
This medication works by:
Slowing down gastric emptying so you feel full
Decreases the production of glucose from your liver and muscle lowering your blood sugar
Directly triggers a feeling of fullness in your brain
Increases insulin production only if your blood sugar is high
Semaglutide Is Available in Multiple Forms:
- Ozempic: A once-weekly injection for people with type 2 diabetes
- Wegovy: A once-weekly injection specifically designed for weight management in adults with obesity or excess weight.
- Saxenda A daily injection for weight management
- Compounded at sterile pharmacies for office use
What Does Semaglutide Treat?
When combined with a healthy, low-calorie diet and exercise, semaglutide is primarily used for the following purposes:
- Managing blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes
- Aiding weight loss in adults who are overweight
By addressing these issues, semaglutide can significantly improve the quality of life and overall health of those who use it.
Who Are Good Candidates for Semaglutide at Nouveau Medspas?
Semaglutide may be an ideal treatment option if you:
- Are looking to lose weight either 10 lbs or 100 lbs. The longer you stay on the medication the more weight you will lose. You do not need to have any medical problems to start on Semaglutide.
- Concerned that you may be developing metabolic syndrome or pre-diabetes
- You have a hard time curbing your appetite and tend to overeat. Semaglitude makes you feel full so you simply will not overeat because you will be full
Schedule your consultation with Dr Rubin to determine if you’re a good candidate for Semaglutide.
Who Should Not Take Semaglutide?
While semaglutide can be an effective treatment option for many individuals, it’s not suitable for everyone. You may not be a good candidate for semaglutide if:
You have a history of Pancreatitis or currently have gallbladder disease with active gallstone
- You’re pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
- The effects of semaglutide on pregnancy and the developing baby are not well studied, so it’s best to avoid this medication if you’re expecting or trying to conceive.
- You have a personal or family history of medullary thyroid carcinoma (a type of thyroid cancer) or multiple endocrine neoplasia syndrome type 2 (a disease that increases the risk of certain types of tumors).
- Semaglutide can potentially increase the risk of these conditions.
- You have severe kidney disease.
- Semaglutide is eliminated from the body by the kidneys, so if your kidneys aren’t working well, the drug might not be processed and removed from your body as it should be. This could lead to higher levels of the drug in your system, increasing your risk of side effects.
- You’re allergic to semaglutide or any of the ingredients in the medication.
- An allergic reaction could lead to severe side effects, such as facial, lip or throat swelling and difficulty breathing.
This list isn’t exhaustive, and other health conditions may also influence whether semaglutide is suitable for you. We encourage you to discuss your complete medical history with Dr. Rubin before starting semaglutide.
At Nouveau MedSpas, our highly experienced and knowledgeable doctors can help you weigh the potential benefits and risks to make the best decision for your health.
Preparing for Semaglutide: The Importance of Your Consultation and Assessment
Starting your semaglutide treatment involves more than just a quick doctor’s visit. It’s a process that begins with a comprehensive consultation and physical assessment. This critical step ensures that semaglutide is the right choice for you, helping us personalize your treatment plan and understand your current health status.
During your visit to Nouveau MedSpas, we’ll delve into several aspects of your health and lifestyle, including:
- Medical History Review: We’ll look at your overall health history, including any conditions you’ve had or currently have. This helps us understand your unique health profile and whether semaglutide will be safe and beneficial for you.
- Medication and Supplement Analysis: Your current medications and supplements, including over-the-counter drugs and herbal supplements, will be reviewed to avoid any harmful interactions with semaglutide.
- Allergy Assessment: If you’ve had any allergies or previous reactions to medications, we’ll make sure to take those into account when considering semaglutide.
- Detailed Information About Your Semaglutide Treatment: We’ll provide you with comprehensive information about semaglutide, including how it works, what to expect during the treatment process, and how it can help you manage your health condition.
- Potential Side Effects: As with any medication, semaglutide can have side effects. We’ll discuss these with you so you know what to expect and how to manage any that might affect you.
- Lifestyle Evaluation: Semaglutide works best in conjunction with a healthy lifestyle. We’ll discuss the importance of maintaining a balanced, low-calorie diet and regular exercise alongside your treatment, providing guidance on how to achieve this.
Once this thorough consultation and assessment process is complete and you’ve received medical clearance, you’ll be ready to embark on your semaglutide journey. At Nouveau MedSpas, you’re in good hands as you take this important step toward better health.
What to Expect During Your Semaglutide Injections
Semaglutide is administered via a weekly injection, making it a convenient option for those looking for an effective solution to help manage their diabetes or weight. These injections are medically administered, meaning one of our healthcare professionals will administer the injections. This ensures the correct dosage and administration method, and it allows for immediate care if any issues arise. The procedure itself is quick, and you can generally continue with your daily activities immediately afterward.
Are There Any Side Effects With Semaglutide?
As you begin your semaglutide treatment, it’s crucial to be aware of the potential side effects.
Some common but typically mild side effects may include:
- Abdominal pain
- Decreased appetite
These side effects are generally well-tolerated by patients and tend to decrease over time as the body adjusts to the medication. However, if you experience severe or persistent side effects, contact Nouveau MedSpas immediately.
Will I Need Downtime After My Semaglutide Injections?
There is no downtime associated with semaglutide injections. You can generally continue your daily activities without interruption.
What Results Can I Expect From Semaglutide?
The results from semaglutide treatment can be quite remarkable, but they may vary depending on individual factors.
Generally, you can expect the following results:
- Lower blood sugar and blood pressure
- Weight loss, which typically begins within the first few weeks of treatment and continues over time
- Reduced appetite, making it easier to maintain a healthy diet
- Improved cardiovascular health and a decreased risk of heart-related complications
While it offers exceptional results, semaglutide is not a magic cure-all. Maintaining a healthy diet and engaging in regular physical activity is essential for achieving and sustaining the best results from your treatment.
How Much Does Semaglutide Cost?
The cost of semaglutide treatment at Nouveau MedSpas is generally $450 per month.
Your final semaglutide cost may vary depending on
- Dosage: The prescribed dosage of semaglutide can affect the overall cost, as higher doses may require more medication and an increase from $450 per month to $550 per month.
You can discuss these variables with us at your consultation to better understand the potential costs associated with your semaglutide treatment.
Lose Weight and Boost Your Health With Semaglutide in Gig Harbor, WA
Now that you’re well-versed in all that semaglutide has to offer, are you ready to take the first step toward a healthier you? At Nouveau MedSpas, we’re eager to guide you on this journey. With our experienced medical team, personalized treatment plans and commitment to your health, we’re confident that we can provide the care you deserve.
So, why wait? Schedule your consultation at Nouveau MedSpas today. Embark on your health journey with semaglutide and let us support you every step of the way.
*Individual results may vary and are not guaranteed